Skip to content

Fire Insurance

Renters Fire Insurance Isn't my landlord responsible for insuring my apartment or rental home?

In these economic times, more people are choosing to rent than to buy a home. If you rent, your landlord may not be responsible for damage or loss to your possessions or for your personal liability. Your valuables should be protected, regardless.

Fire Insurance

When you choose to buy a Kemper Renters policy, your valuables may be covered for losses resulting from:

  • Fire and lightning
  • Smoke damage
  • Windstorm and hail
  • Explosion
  • Theft, burglary and robbery
  • Vandalism or malicious acts
  • Window glass damage in the rented space (if insured is liable)
  • Falling objects
  • Collapse caused by weight of ice, snow and sleet
  • Accidental discharge of water from plumbing, heating, air conditioning or household appliances
  • Freezing in plumbing, heating, air conditioning or household appliances

And, you may have coverage for:

  • Additions or alterations
  • Additional living expense
  • Personal property at home and away from home
  • Credit card, fund transfer card, forgery and counterfeit money
  • Damage to property of others
  • Debris removal

Be sure to ask your agent today about Renters discounts that may be available to you.

What else do I need to know?

  • You can add coverage for your valuables with our Scheduled Personal Property, Blanket Valuable Items and Personal Electronic Equipment endorsements—protection for everything from collectibles to home theater systems
  • Additional liability protection is available; such as, accidental death benefit and burglary coverage.
  • You receive coverage for emergency expense benefit which provides cash for hotel, motel, etc., due to unit not being unlivable.
Scroll To Top